June 2021: Interview with National University of Singapore History Society on legal history course
January 2021: Interview by Hardeep Dhillon on Chapati Mystery- XQs XXVI
May 2021: Interview on Talking Legal History Podcast
November 16 2020: Interview on New Books in the Indian Ocean World Podcast
June 2020: History of Malays in Singapore on the ‘More Better Podcast’
September 2019: Islamic Law and Arab Diaspora in Southeast Asia on Ottoman History Podcast
Recently, I blogged at ShariaSource (blog on Islamic law at Harvard Law School) on the following topics. Watch out for more posts in July 2021!
- Ṭalāq in the Colonies – Constraints on Colonial Judiciary
- What does Equality Mean in the Colonies? – On layers of injustice amidst a divorce case in colonial Sumatra
- Family Law as Colonial Specter of Shelter – On how family law allowed Southeast Asian colonial subjects to retain political power under rubric of inheritance
- Portals to the Future: Translations of Powers of Attorney
I co-wrote a blog post on politician Ya’acob Mohamed over at Intellectuals.Sg in July 2021.
I blogged over at Legal History Blog for the month of September 2020 on the following topics.
- Writing process and book cover
- South Asian diaspora in Netherlands Indies
- On puns in legal history
- Second book project on history of land reclamation
- On property and legal shorthand
I blogged on Surplus and Colonial Charity at HistPhil too.